Giuliani Award Finalist:
In recognition of meaningful advances in Washington-based clean energy innovation and in the spirit of our founder, the 1st annual David & Patricia Giuliani Clean Energy Entrepreneur Award will be presented on Thursday April 14th at the Future of Carbon Policy Forum.
We had a long list of nominees, from which three impressive finalists were selected:
We’re profiling each finalist this week, beginning with All American Marine on Monday, Kenworth today, and Promus Energy on Friday.
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Co. is a division of PACCAR Inc. and a global technology leader in the design and manufacture of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
“Kenworth is leading the way in zero emissions solutions. The Kenworth T680E builds upon Kenworth’s excellent heritage of providing fleets and truck operators with outstanding and productive trucks driven by quality, innovation and technology” – Kevin Baney, Kenworth general manager and PACCAR vice president
Kenworth’s drive to zero emissions is making true progress as captured in several recent headlines:
- Zero Emissions Kenworth T680E Battery Electric Vehicle Debuts at 2022 CES in Las Vegas
- The zero emissions T680E has an estimated operating range of 150 miles, depending on application. The Class 8 battery electric vehicle utilizes the industry standard SAE CCS1 charge port, can be fully charged in approximately three hours, and features Meritor’s Blue Horizon 14Xe™ tandem electric powertrain. The T680E’s smooth acceleration and quiet operation significantly reduces driver fatigue making it the next evolution in Kenworth’s legacy of “The Driver’s Truck.”
- PACCAR Partners with U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on SuperTruck 3 Program
- SuperTruck 3 is a DOE initiative to develop state of the art zero emissions medium- and heavy-duty trucks. PACCAR received a $33 million matching grant for the highly selective program. “The SuperTruck 3 award underscores PACCAR’s industry leadership in zero emissions commercial vehicles” – John Rich, PACCAR chief technology officer
- PACCAR Promotes New Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Customers can purchase the chargers from Kenworth dealers and TRP store locations worldwide, choosing from multiple DC fast chargers rated up to 920V DC. These electric vehicle charging stations maximize coverage over a wide range of EVs including trucks, vans, buses and other commercial vehicles.